During the summer, my dad and I wake up at 5 am to watch the Tour de France. One morning we decided to run to the grocery store to get ingredients to make French Toast. Eating French Toast early in the morning with my dad quickly became one of my favorite summer traditions. Throughout the summer I tried different breads, flavors, etc until I created this recipe. This is a wonderful breakfast to serve overnight guests during the holiday season. ( I couldn’t resist sharing an old photo of him on his bike!)
- 4 Beaten Eggs
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Almond Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 12 Slices Hawaiian King Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, almond, and cinnamon.
- Coat both sides of bread with mixture. Soak for about 10 seconds each side.
- Melt small portion of butter in skillet at medium heat and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish French Toast with powder sugar and syrup.
This entry was posted in Food and Drink. Bookmark the permalink.
← This Cider Recipe Will Keep You Warm All Fall Grandma Baynes Corn Casserole →