Super Bowl Sunday is less than a week away! I am excitedly anticipating the big game and starting to plan the menu. I always like to add a least one football inspired treat to the standard Super Bowl Sunday snack offering of chips, dip, and anything with BBQ sauce. This year I am going to make these football inspired ice cream sandwiches I saw on The Celebration Shoppe Blog. The best part is they look super easy to make! Not to mention, when was the last time you enjoyed the simple goodness of an ice cream sandwich?!
What You Need:
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Wooden Spoons
- Black Sharpie (unless you prefer using your favorite team’s color)
- White Cake Icing
- Icing Tip #4 (*Don’t have this? No worries! See note below.)
- Frosting Bag or Ziploc Bag
- Wax Paper
- Storage Container
- Use a Sharpie to draw football plays on the end of the wooden spoons. Set aside.
- Unwrap your ice cream sandwiches and lay them on a sheet of wax paper.
- Pierce one end of the ice cream with a knife so that the wooden spoons can be inserted easily later.
- Spoon icing into a frosting bag with icing tip #4 and pipe football design. I suggest you start with the straight line then add the four cross lines. (*Don’t have this icing tip? No worries! Just make a little cut at the corner of the Zipbloc bag to create your own icing bag.)
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in an airtight container and freeze until guests arrive.
- When ready to serve insert wooden spoons and serve on a platter.
photo credit: The Collection Shoppe Blog
January 26, 2015
This entry was posted in - Dessert, - Football and Super Bowl, - Serving Ideas, Food and Drink. Bookmark the permalink.
← Lemonade Bar Preppy Birthday Brunch →