It takes a lot for a new dish to be added to our Thanksgiving menu… especially one that is Paleo. Initially I wasn’t thrilled about the idea of having something healthy take up space on our Thanksgiving table but as soon as I tried these Roasted Squash Bites I decided I would make an exception. Seriously, this is the most delicious healthy thing I have ever had!!! My mom found the recipe for these Roasted Squash Bites in the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso and I’ve shared the recipe with my notes below.
Oh, and if being healthy and delicious wasn’t enough… this dish will also make your house smell like the holidays with all that cinnamon! It is like the triple threat of Thanksgiving side dishes.
- 3 tablespoons ghee (or real butter*)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the ghee and in a small bowl whisk together the ghee, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Pour the seasoned mixture over the cubed squash and toss until all the pieces have been covered.
- Spread the cubed squash into a large glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
* We sometimes use real butter for this recipe and will use real butter for Thanksgiving, but by using real butter it is not considered Paleo.
photo credit: everyday paleo family cookbookNovember 25, 2013
This entry was posted in - Thanksgiving, Food and Drink. Bookmark the permalink.
← “Like” to Support Wounded Warrior Project Holiday Party Supplies and Giveaway →