As a family tradition, we always have my dad’s chili and cinnamon rolls on Christmas Eve. Usually we just make the simple Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, but this year my dad asked if I would make them from scrap. I don’t particularly like cinnamon rolls so I wasn’t expecting much when I made them from scratch… but I was shocked! I am now craving cinnamon rolls everyday! I am not trying to brag about my recipe… but these cinnamon rolls are the BEST!
Christmas Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 Cup Butter (room tempeture)
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Package of Rapid Rising Yeast ( .25 ounces)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter for spreading ( room temp)
- 2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Butter (room temperature)
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until it bubbles. Remove from heat and mix in butter. Stir until the butter is melted. Let the milk mixture cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, salt, sugar. Mix the ingredients well.
- Beat in the egg, water and milk mixture.
- Add the rest of flour, a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Mix well until the dough has just pulled together.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Place a damp cloth over the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together teh brown sugar, ground cinnamon and butter.
- After the dough has rested for 10 minutes, roll our the dough into a rectangle ( about 9×12 inch).
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of butter over the dough and then spread the cinnamon filling mixture.
- Tightly roll up the dough and make sure to pinch the seams to seal.
- Cut the dough into equal sized rolls and arrange them in a greased 9×12 baking dish.
- Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes, or until they double in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Once the oven is hot, bake for 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Finally, flip the cinnamon rolls out on a nice serving dish.
December 25, 2010
This entry was posted in Food and Drink. Bookmark the permalink.
← Favorite Gingerbread Cookies “Recipe” New Years Resolution: Get Into Shape And Have Fun Doing It! →