We served Spiced and Spiked Warm Apple Cider at our last party and it was a huge hit. This is my favorite drink of fall without question! I tripled the recipe but it was all gone by the end of the night. So, make sure to make enough! This drink will have you in the mood for fall!
Spiced and Spiked Warm Apple Cider
- 2 Quarts of Spiced Cider or Apple Cider
- 1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Whole Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Tiny Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 1-2 Cups Dark Rum
- Pour the cider into a large pot and heat over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, allspice, cloves, salt and nutmeg. (Note: the whole allspice floats so you will be able to spoon them out before serving)
- After adding all the ingredients, except for the rum, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Take off the heat and spoon out the whole allspices floating on top.
- Stir in the rum right before serving and enjoy!
This entry was posted in Food and Drink. Bookmark the permalink.
← Give the Gift of Music: Soundtrack for November A Wonderful Breakfast Traditional →